Textual Analysis Self-Reflection

Looking back at my Textual Analysis I should have researched my text more inorder to find out if I could properly cite the people from the PBS documentary. I thought I grabbed the reader’s attention by talking about President Trump’s tweets on twitter. Who hasn’t heard about his tweets. I also think that I brought relevancy to the text by relating the Latino immigration to the 2018 caravan that is presently taking place. I learned more about the caravan by analyzing Immigration and Education. In addition I also saw how Donald Trump sees the caravan as a “political threat”. Looking back I could have transitioned between my ideas in my paragraphs. I felt like I could’ve used better pictures to convey the Latino youth.

I noticed that when I wrote my Textual Analysis I had to revisit the text. So, I watched it again, took notes, and jotted down key moments and times in the documentary. By doing so, I would be able to work more efficiently and not waste time looking for a specific moment in the video. This made it easier for me to spend more time on my writing as well as getting to know my text. After a while I started to learn the intro of the video, “Since 2005 an unstable economy…” Overall, what troubled me the most was making a claim, because I was trying not to use “I”, but I used phrases like “It is evident from.”