Arguing a Position Self-Reflection

When writing my Argumentative Paper I found that research was a crucial part to my writing. I found sources from Twitter, New York Times, and BBC with different ideas. One of the parts I found challenging was organizing the ideas from the sources with my own. Luckily, I used my synthesis matrix in order to pull out the proper information to support my paper. A synthesis matrix is a chart that helps you organize your ideas and find the correlating support from the sources you have chosen.

Another obstacle I faced when writing my paper was the proper citations and Works Cited. In addition to my synthesis matrix, I had my trusty Norton Field Guide to Writing which helped me format the Work Cited and the citations throughout the piece. For example, when referencing 2 or more authors you have to write: (Author et al). Similarly, when quoting a tweet on Twitter, you cite the tweet in the work by writing: (Twitter Handle).

I thought I did well to invoke the reader’s emotional appeal by using repetition. For example, I wrote: “ Let’s really Make America Great Again not just say it!” I also added vivid images of the caravan to support my claim. I also try to improve my transitional words and phrases in my paper by using words like: furthermore, again, finally, moreover, in addition, therefore, and etc.