Literacy Narrative Self-Reflection

When writing my literacy narrative I found that it was hard to talk about myself. There was so much about me that I didn’t know where to begin. I realized that in my writing I had a hard time focusing on one topic. I noticed that I would sometimes go on a tangent and lose my focus. I need to make better transition between my ideas and hone in on what’s really important. I have to bake the cake first and then add the frosting, if you will. I also have to take another person’s perspective when it comes to my writing.

Although it makes sense in my head it might not for someone else. I have to make sure that all my ideas are on the paper in an orderly fashion. I have to stop leaving unfinished points in my writing. I have to correlate the topics that I’m am talking about in order to transition from Point A to Point B to Point C. In addition, part of the reason that I had trouble staying on track in my literacy narrative was that I tried to focus on multiple ideas instead of one that was the most important to me. I noticed that I had to revisit the drafting phase and figure out a better method to start my writing. In addition, writing towards a goal and what I want to achieve towards the end of my essay should be the main purpose of my writing.